What are you listening to right now?
Reformed Nihilist
Oblong

Usergroup: Moderators

Total Topics: 73
Total Posts: 666
#281 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 2, 2006 - 3:07 AM:

I sang that twenty minutes ago. Otis is the king. But nothing beats Try a Little Tenderness
Tobias
Metaphysical exorcist

Total Topics: 75
Total Posts: 691
#282 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 4, 2006 - 10:41 AM:

Ok, I confess "Gasolina", Daddy Yankee ...
ms anthropist
successful failure

Usergroup: Members

Total Topics: 8
Total Posts: 44
#283 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 4, 2006 - 11:37 AM:

nick cave (and the bad seeds) red albumb with a tree, particularly song number two. I seem to play it by default a lot of the time, start with that one and then depends who is in the house continue with something else.

although this morning i woke up with an overwhelming necessity to hear some pop (unlike me) so i had a bit of stereophonics "i wouldn't believe your...radio2 (i like the start of it) and then against my sound judgement i had a lash to that song of dido that was covered by enimen...can't remember the name, about friends not ringing, drinking too much last night again, being late to work and then you call and it is not so bad, not so bad...i want to thank you...etc..

Daddy yankee gasolina...is that the atrocious pop one with really bad sound and even worse lirics...or is it another, is gotta be another one! the lirics say something like she likes petrol, give her petrol, yes, she likes petrol give her more petrol, she likes petrol...ad nauseum

gosh so bored off them all, i need new music influences.
Reformed Nihilist
Oblong

#284 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 4, 2006 - 12:06 PM:

If you like Nick Cave, then check out Tom Waits. His stuff ranges enough that it is difficult to get bored of him if you dig his kind of thing. I recommend starting early (Closing Time is a great album) and moving chronologically forward (Bone Machine is another great one, but very different).

Edited by Reformed Nihilist on Dec 4, 2006 - 12:12 PM
ms anthropist
successful failure

Usergroup: Members

Total Topics: 8
Total Posts: 44
#285 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 6, 2006 - 12:17 PM:

Tom Waits, that is something i don't have, cheers, i'll follow the advise.
ying
Daoist sceptic

Usergroup: Missing Mods

Total Topics: 23
Total Posts: 785
#286 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 6, 2006 - 4:04 PM:

Pennywise - Perfect People nod
Floyd
Cool

Usergroup: Sponsors

Total Topics: 31
Total Posts: 42

Last Blog: Favorite Posts – Second Edition

#287 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 6, 2006 - 6:05 PM:

Reformed Nihilist wrote:
If you like Nick Cave, then check out Tom Waits. His stuff ranges enough that it is difficult to get bored of him if you dig his kind of thing. I recommend starting early (Closing Time is a great album) and moving chronologically forward (Bone Machine is another great one, but very different).

I like Tom Waits very much. Coincidently, I've been listenting to his music a lot lately; in fact I was just listening to Waltzing Matilda.

He was on the Daily Show recently.

-Floyd
Reformed Nihilist
Oblong

#288 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 6, 2006 - 6:21 PM:

Floyd wrote:
I like Tom Waits very much. Coincidently, I've been listenting to his music a lot lately; in fact I was just listening to Waltzing Matilda.

Great tune. I fired up "That Feel". Sings it with Keith Richards (there's a duet of pretty voices...not).

Well there's one thing you can't lose
It's that feel
Your pants, your shirt, your shoes
But not that feel
You can throw it out in the rain
You can whip it like a dog
You can chop it down like an old dead tree
You can always see it
When you're coming into town
Once you hang it on the wall
You can never take it down

But there's one thing you can't lose
And it's that feel
You can pawn your watch and chain
But not that feel
It always comes and finds you
It will always hear yo ucry
I cross my wooden leg
And I swear on my glass eye
It will never leave you high and dry
Never leave you loose
It's harder to get rid of than tattoos

But there's one thing you can't do
Is lose that feel
You can throw it off a bridge
You can lose it in the fire
You can leave it at the altar
But it will make you out a liar
You can fall down in the street
You can leaveit in the lurch
Well you say that it's gospel
But I know that it's only church

And there's one thing you can't lose
And it's that feel

It's that feel

He was on the Daily Show recently.

I know. Caught the performance but missed the interview. Ever hear Henry Rollins' Tom Waits story? I figure you would probably dig Henry, am I right?
Caldwell
Humanite

Total Topics: 10
Total Posts: 1103
#289 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 7, 2006 - 2:01 AM:

This is a Leon Russell original, sung this time by Peter Gallagher (yes, he does sing, someone else plays the piano). A very well-known song, combination of rock-blues-country. Hmm, maybe pop-rock --

A Song for You

One of the most beautiful lyrics written, in my opinion.
Paradox

Usergroup: Sponsors

Total Topics: 6
Total Posts: 10
#290 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 7, 2006 - 3:50 PM:

I'm listening to Damien Rice's new album '9'. Seriously beautiful music. I particularly like 'Rootless Tree' the lyrics of which consist mostly of 'fcuk you, fcuk you ... ' and yet, it still manages to be beautiful nod
Download thread as
  • 74/5

Recent Internal Replies
On Oct 20, 2014 - 3:55 PM, Blaise St Mary replied internally to Blaise St Mary's The new Frog Eyes! T....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 1:54 PM, busycuttingcrap replied internally to jamalrob's Aphex Twin's new....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 9:56 AM, jamalrob replied internally to Blaise St Mary's The new Frog Eyes! T....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 9:55 AM, Blaise St Mary replied internally to Blaise St Mary's The new Frog Eyes! T....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 9:50 AM, jamalrob replied internally to jamalrob's Aphex Twin's new....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 3:12 AM, busycuttingcrap replied internally to SittinWSocratesTiff's Can you get your....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 3:12 AM, busycuttingcrap replied internally to jamalrob's Aphex Twin's new....
On Oct 20, 2014 - 12:44 AM, Blaise St Mary replied internally to Blaise St Mary's The new Frog Eyes! T....
On Oct 2, 2014 - 9:43 AM, Mongrel replied internally to Cavacava's Short film music vid....
On Sep 19, 2014 - 7:37 PM, Cavacava replied internally to ExistentialismInfo's The Velvet Undergrou....

Sorry, you don't have permission to post. Log in, or register if you haven't yet.