Meaningless sex
Berduccio

Usergroup: Members

Total Topics: 2
Total Posts: 0
#1 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 6:27 PM:
Subject: Meaningless sex
I am a firm follower of the maxim, "Business and pleasure dont mix," but I am talking to a female in my workplace and it is obvious she wants me to be her man. That leads me to ask if meaningless sex is possible. Besides of getting the instant satisfaction of fucking, can two individuals really have sex without having any alternative motives and just live their lives as if nothing ever happened? Is it possible while both people are completely sober?
dont_hesitate
Young Wisdom

Total Topics: 9
#2 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 6:47 PM:

I think meaningless sex has been the new age fashion wave. Everything that we are surrounded by is either about sex, has some sex image, appeal and what not. Along with this immense popularity, the action of sex has also come with this, with many not knowing or forgetting what is involved. I think it is possible to have meaningless sex, but it depends what you define as meaningless. It is difficult forget about a sexual encounter after, unless it is a one off with a stranger, then there is no problem here. Woman (not being sexist) tend to be quite emotional in general, and sexual contact is more than just a physical attraction, its also mental and emotional. Depending on the female, meaningless sex can be achieved, but I think it is quite rare. In more than one case, either one of the two involved will feel some attachment after the deed has been done, whether emotional, physical, or just a feeling of further closeness due to what has happened, and this is usual the female. As males it is the natural primative instict to have sex to breed, and now it is a means of pleasure. I think it is encoded in our genetics, and as the purpose to breed is not as important as it used to be, the attachments that come along with having sex for pleasure is not always as simple as one might think it be.
Lodestone

Usergroup: Missing Mods

Total Topics: 64
Total Posts: 8
#3 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 21, 2005 - 6:57 PM:

Ah, meaningless sex, one of my favourite topics and activities.

Berduccio wrote:
That leads me to ask if meaningless sex is possible.

Yes, and no.

Besides of getting the instant satisfaction of fucking, can two individuals really have sex without having any alternative motives and just live their lives as if nothing ever happened? Is it possible while both people are completely sober?

Those two are certainly possible, but take a note of this:

I think it is possible to have meaningless sex, but it depends what you define as meaningless. It is difficult forget about a sexual encounter after,

However, dh, you made a gaffe here:

unless it is a one off with a stranger

There is absolutely no reason that shouldn't be a lasting memory. Every sexual encounter can be as valued, and as treasured in memory, regardless of the familiarity of the participants with each other. Sex (good sex, anyway) will always involve some emotional involvement from the particpants, which leaves some emotional residue. It is perfectly possible for this to happen when the particpants don't know each other that well.

Woman (not being sexist) tend to be quite emotional in general, and sexual contact is more than just a physical attraction, its also mental and emotional. Depending on the female, meaningless sex can be achieved, but I think it is quite rare.

Actually, you are being sexist. You might be speaking the truth, though. I doubt it, and I doubt that serious research would back up your claim, but it's certainly a common claim.

n more than one case, either one of the two involved will feel some attachment after the deed has been done, whether emotional, physical, or just a feeling of further closeness due to what has happened, and this is usual the female.

You're male, right? Ask some girls about this. I think you may find more dissent here than you're expecting.

As males it is the natural primative instict to have sex to breed,

And, naturally, women have the same instinct. Their genes get passed on too.
Berduccio

Total Topics: 2
#4 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 22, 2005 - 6:30 PM:

My conclusion is: Meaningless sex is not possible because even if attraction is just physical, such as the one I have, humans still have the natural primitive instinct to breed. So even though I think I just want to have sex, my wanting to have sex is a desire of me subconsciously wanting to breed.
Playas and pimps claim that they love no bitch, but it seems though their motive to have plenty of sex is to feel good about themselves, by showing off they can get more women then most men.
CalypsoPensante
Concordius Ariel appeto

Total Topics: 4
Total Posts: 10
#5 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 23, 2005 - 5:36 PM:

Players and Pimps also live a fantasy were one can have all the prostates one wants, after all that’s what this ladies are doing is commodifing sex for some exchange other then sincere affection. I don't know why that is something to be celebrated since any fool can buy a roomfull of hookers.
My question is ifs meaningless why seek it? I could have a shot of everclear just to have the effects of alcohol or a glass of wine to experience the art of Vinery culture( there a real word for this art, but I can't think of it) both give you the benefit of the alcohol, but only the latter respects and truly enjoys that effect while the former is just a worthless abuse. If its meaningless then I think also its worthless it would be a better use of time and money to wine and dine la femm and see if you’d want to have a meaning full relationship. If it doesn’t work out you’ll still have meaning full memories of good talks and shared experiences without painful emotional residue.
zenofeller

Total Topics: 0
#6 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 24, 2005 - 1:41 PM:

to answer the original poster, yes, it is possible. but those people don´t want anyone to be their man. and they definitely don´t give that sort of vibe to their boss. in part because they are seldomly found on a payroll.

so, in short : yes, but not in your case.
Paul
PF Addict

Usergroup: Administrators

Total Topics: 510
Total Posts: 16239
#7 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Dec 24, 2005 - 3:22 PM:

Is meaningless gum chewing possible? No, because even if attraction is just taste, humans still have the natural primative instict to eat. So even though I think I just want to chew gum, my wanting to chew is a desire of me subconsiously wanting to eat.

Baseball players without endorsement deals claim they don't love any brand of gum, but it seems as though their motive to chew plenty of gum is to feel good about themselves, by showing off they can blow bigger bubbles than most men.
Matona

Total Topics: 1
Total Posts: 1
#8 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 1, 2006 - 2:05 PM:

If meaningless sex is not possible, then prositutes would have alot to think about.
CalypsoPensante
Concordius Ariel appeto

Total Topics: 4
Total Posts: 10
#9 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 1, 2006 - 4:51 PM:

prositutes arn't renowned for their thinking skills
Tobias
Metaphysical exorcist

Usergroup: Moderators

Total Topics: 75
Total Posts: 691
#10 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Jan 1, 2006 - 5:04 PM:

Really Calyspso, less than for instance clerks, secretaries or owners of sports bars? confused
Download thread as
  • 0/5

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.