Profile of Timothy
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (1)
Location: Grad School
Occupation: Grad Student
Birthdate: November 20, 1986 (30 years old)
Interests: Logic, Philosophy of Science, Epistemology
Timothy's Membership Status
Last seen: Apr 1, 2017 - 2:28 PM
Registration Date: Dec 18, 2004
Usergroup: Missing Mods
Topics Submitted: 99 topics
Total Posts: 425 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 58
Total Time Online: 41 days, 2 hours and 38 minutes
Most recent topics:
- If you read Descartes backwards...
- Williamson on Knowledge
- PFers in Pittsburgh
- Logic, logic, logic...
- Logical Constants and Formality
Most recent posts:
- In that case, I do not know what you mean by "essence" or "essential property". Seems to be an empty notion, with the same information as "It is a...
- 1) See other example. 2) It does not matter whether "All dogs are cute" is an opinion or not. What matters is that it is a proposition. Proposi...
- Maybe a different example would help? "All American space shuttles are three-engine vehicles". Surely, "being a three-engine vehicle...
- Let's suppose that's the case. So what? That does not make "All dogs are cute" less of a categorical proposition. The content of the propo...
- Not necessarily. "All dogs are cute" need not assert some "esential, identifying" property of dogs. Someone could make that proposition with th...
Most recent shouts:
- Timothy [Mar 30, 2016 - 1:32 PM]: badum tss
- Timothy [Mar 30, 2016 - 1:25 PM]: Wow Smokey the Bear ad. The ads in this place are on fire yo.
- Timothy [Jun 26, 2013 - 11:43 PM]: dafuq happened to this place? Everything's in the wrong place!
- Timothy [Nov 20, 2012 - 10:57 PM]: Thanks hypothesis, you old fart
- Timothy [Nov 20, 2012 - 10:47 PM]: Thanks jorndoe! Imma old man