Profile of Thorongil
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Biography: Due to the hacking incident, I don't feel like writing out what I had here again in full. Suffice it to say that, contra the conclusions I made in two threads on Schopenhauer, I now think he is a cognitivist in his metaethical views and that Aquila's translation is the best one of his magnum opus. This is to help anyone who comes across these threads, seeing as they are really the only links that come up when doing an Internet search about these topics. Message me if you're curious.
Thorongil's Membership Status
Last seen: Jul 3, 2017 - 2:47 PM
Registration Date: Mar 12, 2011
Topics Submitted: 18 topics
Total Posts: 833 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 402
Total Time Online: 16 days, 8 hours and 31 minutes
Most recent topics:
- An argument against sexual activity
- Philanthropic anti-natalism and abortion
- The obsession with sex among the politically motivated
- The Catholic Church's Position on the Fall is Unclear and Contradictory
- Popular music is legitimate art (Advocatus Diaboli)
Most recent posts:
- Not whom, but what. It is non-ideal due to the very existence of suffering and dissatisfaction. If the world existed as it ideally ought to, then ...
- Where are they? I don't know. The question is unclear. I'm not the spokesperson for anti-natalism, so I can't answer this.
- This is precisely the problem! I'll try one more time. Once again, no logic has been violated. The future is determined by the prese...
- I moreover fail to see the connection between your post here and mine. Perhaps this was your initial reaction to mine, but I don't know how I woul...
- I'm not sure what you're talking about here. You made a post, one which mentioned me, and I responded to various points you raised in it. My a...
Most recent shouts:
- Thorongil [Sep 9, 2015 - 8:42 AM]: Who watched Colbert last night? I thought he was pretty good.
- Thorongil [Jul 17, 2015 - 11:25 AM]: Not to mention pay attention to spelling!
- Thorongil [May 23, 2015 - 7:57 PM]: It depends on what he means by comfort. Confucius didn't starve.
- Thorongil [May 11, 2015 - 12:11 PM]: How does one get that job?
- Thorongil [May 11, 2015 - 10:04 AM]: What are you now?