Profile of select
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Location: Arizona, United States
Birthdate: July 16, 1982 (34 years old)
Interests: Plato, Aristotle, Nietzsche
Biography: Nobody. Are youâ€”nobodyâ€”too?
select's Membership Status
Last seen: Aug 18, 2013 - 6:36 PM
Registration Date: Dec 22, 2003
Topics Submitted: 100 topics
Total Posts: 104 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 41
Total Time Online: 17 days, 4 hours and 23 minutes
Most recent topics:
- YouTube Tutorial for Peirce's Existential Graphs
- "Modes" and reasoning (and counterfactuals)
- Possible to derive an ought from an is in deontic relevance logic?
- Whether there are different logics or fragments of a universal logic
- Reducto ad absurdum
Most recent posts:
- This is the problem when we model concepts to the number line: People lose track that we are talking about different kinds of numbers. Saying you h...
- Explain? Googling for "deontic relevance logic" gives you some hits for academic papers on the topic.
- Eh...this just means that you allege that Hume supported an axiological rather than a deontological ethics. I think Hume's point *was* logica...
- Let me just start by saying that you confuse my girlfriend ;) We were just talking about this. I guess we're having a hard time distinguishing...
- I've been working on 1.1 when I have time, I have an alternate formulation. Basically, I'm trying to stick with simple propositional logic as...
Most recent shouts:
- select [Apr 28, 2013 - 7:45 PM]: Men and women are different because they are hormonally different, this is largely what defines the sexes biologically. Sex hormones also have a direct physiological effect on our emotional and psychological state. That the sexes are emotionally different should not be above discussion in a liberal forum.
- select [Aug 1, 2007 - 1:31 AM]: Paul, please don't tell me you knew that off the top of your head?
- select [Jul 17, 2007 - 3:18 PM]: Thanks Paul.