Profile of notquitethere
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Location: Reading - England
Occupation: Video game tester
Birthdate: January 13, 1988 (30 years old)
Interests: Interactive fiction, mycology, philosophy
notquitethere's Membership Status
Last seen: Sep 19, 2017 - 6:52 AM
Registration Date: Aug 13, 2005
Topics Submitted: 43 topics
Total Posts: 73 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 0
Total Time Online: 12 days, 13 hours and 36 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Interactivity and Art
- What Are The Haps?
- Minimalism and Boredom
- Liberty, Equality and Utility
- Literature as Philosophy
Most recent posts:
- It's certainly a pretty mad video. Sort of philosophical music with Tindersticks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moxF6OjD8xI
- There's a strain of Christian Anarchism that takes up this line of thought. Exemplified by Tolstoy when he argued that 'judge not lest ue be ...
- I wouldn't and I don't think there is any situation in which I would choose to do that. Question: Is it better to be a pig satisf...
- The leading theory seems to be that the cats alternate between constricting and dilating their glottis, causing air vibrations when they breathe....
- Usually the event, unless we're a fletcher. Question: Is there any value in working qua working?
Most recent shouts:
- notquitethere [Jan 13, 2013 - 7:39 AM]: I was a mod here briefly seven years ago. Forum looks a little snazzier since then.
- notquitethere [May 17, 2011 - 2:22 PM]: Also, not all abstract concepts are subjective (whatever is meant by 'subjective'- a very abstract word indeed!). Take the concept 'efficiency'. It's abstract- you won't find any concrete efficiencies swimming in the sea- but it has a definite set of meanings that we can agree on.
- notquitethere [May 4, 2011 - 6:44 PM]: Modbot is obviously so cool it gets two birthdays
- notquitethere [May 3, 2011 - 6:02 PM]: What wit! Spoken like Sapientia herself.
- notquitethere [May 3, 2011 - 5:14 PM]: Unfortunately, if you had a faulty definition of 'cute', you might be fallaciously aroused.