Profile of Nagase
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Birthdate: October 31, 1987 (29 years old)
Biography: I'm currently a grad student (sort of) in USP, Brazil, studying logic, feminism, and related matters.
Nagase's Membership Status
Last seen: Sep 12, 2017 - 10:39 AM
Registration Date: Aug 03, 2004
Topics Submitted: 15 topics
Total Posts: 1082 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 14
Total Time Online: 58 days, 15 hours and 1 minute
Most recent topics:
Most recent posts:
- Consider an arbitrary structure A in the language L. Suppose we expand L to L' by adding some symbols; we can then make A into an L' struc...
- That's the most natural context, yes (Dedekind worked in that context), but it's also possible to formulate the axioms using just second-o...
- Just a caveat: Tarski's theorem shows that no reasonable formal system rich enough to express its own syntax is also rich enough to express it...
- First, if Wittgenstein is arguing (or assuming) that the only way for mathematical truth to make sense is to identify it with provability, then he...
- In second-order PA, we don't need to include axioms for addition or multiplication; in fact, the three axioms I mentioned in post #16 are suff...
Most recent shouts:
- Nagase [Sep 8, 2017 - 10:07 AM]: Must be lonely around here, ModBot...
- Nagase [Nov 1, 2015 - 3:47 PM]: And happy birthday, BitterCrank!
- Nagase [Nov 1, 2015 - 3:47 PM]: Hey folks, thanks a lot for the wishes!
- Nagase [Oct 2, 2014 - 12:09 AM]: MrSkeptic: No, simply because that's the proper place for this type of complaint. Paul and the administrators usually reply rather quickly once you start a thread there.
- Nagase [Oct 1, 2014 - 11:41 PM]: MrSkeptic: I suggest you use the Feedback forum for this type of complaint.