Profile of mric
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (3)
Birthdate: January 17, 1970 (45 years old)
Biography: Middle-aged salaryman with a wife, three children and a mortgage. Twenty five years ago I was studying Physics and Philosophy at a great university, and I still buy books of philosophy occasionally. My physics, however, has fallen into disrepair.
mric's Membership Status
Last seen: May 7, 2015 - 8:56 AM
Registration Date: Mar 15, 2003
Topics Submitted: 11 topics
Total Posts: 953 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 114
Total Time Online: 60 days, 23 hours and 7 minutes
Most recent topics:
Most recent posts:
- No, you completely wrong. I was referring to the dog's instinct to copulate and its instinct to run from threat. I implied no reasoning at all...
- Naah. It just means there was some intending going on. It is a psychological state.
- Sure. Creation is consciously making. All it requires is consciousness and an intentional product. Nothing incompatible with determinism.
- Yours might be. Mine isn't! (Probably best not to let this thread turn into a determinism/free will/compatibilism/chance discussion, though)
- I am not sure how your view here allows for creation at the human scale for the theist either, since being created doesn't in itself imbue any c...
Most recent shouts:
- mric [Jan 17, 2013 - 7:08 AM]: Thank you all for the birthday greetings.
- mric [Jul 9, 2012 - 4:36 PM]: Ahh - I think I hit 'show unanswered topics' at some point, and so all I saw were some random uninteresting titles
- mric [Jul 9, 2012 - 4:33 PM]: What has happened to the sort order of the topics?
- mric [Jan 17, 2012 - 4:36 AM]: Thank you for birthday greetings...
- mric [Jan 18, 2011 - 8:43 AM]: Just seen your good wishes