Profile of Goaswerfraiejen
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Occupation: PhD Student
Interests: Rugby, Cross-Country Skiing, M:TG
Biography: PhD - (in progress)
Goaswerfraiejen's Membership Status
Last seen: Apr 1, 2017 - 11:27 PM
Registration Date: May 05, 2006
Topics Submitted: 11 topics
Total Posts: 151 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 123
Total Time Online: 10 days, 10 hours and 5 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Difference between knowledge and justifed belief
- If you're interested in grad school in philosophy...
- Peninsular Philosophy?
- The Socrates Syllogism
- Looking for a quote
Most recent posts:
- The most reputable distance-learning program (perhaps the only one, really) is at the Open University. They're hardly a thoroughly continental pro...
- Or a belief about their source (viz., a god or gods).
- There's so much free stuff out there. For a start, check out some of the recommendations here. Of those, I'm pretty partiall to Magnus's f...
- For me it totally depends on the subfield and the contents of the companion. If I ever have to choose between them at just a glance, or with minima...
- Mathematics is incomplete. That's a technical term meaning that, for any system, there will always be statements about the natural numbers that ar...
Most recent shouts:
- Goaswerfraiejen [Jun 1, 2011 - 9:26 PM]: nazismart: a tautology is necessarily true; a contradiction is necessarily false. So the difference is that the two wffs have completely opposite truth-tables.
- Goaswerfraiejen [Apr 1, 2011 - 12:27 PM]: What, you mean the ranks based on the number of posts you've made?
- Goaswerfraiejen [Mar 28, 2011 - 10:22 AM]: supertrackx: Walter Benjamin's concept of "aura" is relevant, and a few people (including Marshall Macluhan) have addressed it directly. Dominic McIver Lopes has also touched on it a few times, especially in his recent book on computer art. That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I know there's way more out there. I'll have a look.
- Goaswerfraiejen [Dec 19, 2010 - 7:38 PM]: Tiff, that's how I feel about every forum. =p (mmmm mead)
- Goaswerfraiejen [Jun 11, 2010 - 2:26 PM]: I cannot help but lulz. (unrelated to what's below--have a happy birthday)