Profile of Cuthbert
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (5)
Cuthbert's Membership Status
Last seen: Mar 3, 2017 - 9:25 AM
Registration Date: Mar 18, 2005
Topics Submitted: 0 topics
Total Posts: 368 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 29
Total Time Online: 58 days, 2 hours and 8 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Philosophy is pointless
- Michael Dummett
- Parents Rear 'Genderless' Baby
- Did you vote "No" in "Did you read this post?"
- Conditional and unconditional oughts
Most recent posts:
- True. Standing up at your desk will not solve all your problems. But it might help with some of them.
- Well, as I said, there are a few practical effects in the bits where I hang out. Somebody made a bramble fruit last week. I won't say who. I'm...
- There are so many solipsists and surely they can't all be wrong.
- The boredom entices you to move to more interesting parts of the universe that have some practical effects and then watch them unfold.
- Seems like a good example of practical value of abstract thinking. The US Constitution is built out of philosophy and has a practical effect o...
Most recent shouts:
- Cuthbert [Sep 30, 2016 - 11:02 AM]: I'm thinking about your question, Modbot. It's best not to rush into an answer to a question like that.
- Cuthbert [Sep 26, 2016 - 7:53 AM]: I'd love to know what goes on in those threads I haven't got permission to see. Forbidding access to a thread makes it more exciting. Has anyone read any wikileaks? They are so boring. But hey they are hacks - so they are thrilling
- Cuthbert [Aug 25, 2016 - 8:50 AM]: I'm not a worm or a mushroom so I guess I must be a..... Oh no, zombie alert.
- Cuthbert [Aug 25, 2016 - 2:40 AM]: Hey, let's start a thread.
- Cuthbert [Aug 24, 2016 - 3:06 AM]: Fine - the original point I was answering was whether philosophical discussions are pointless. I said we all have a theory or theories, whether we express and examine them or not. Better to examine than not. Which is what you're doing.