Profile of ciceronianus
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (10)
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Last Blog: Now, the World Really is too Much with Us
Interests: Philosophy, law, fencing, chess, shooting clays
ciceronianus's Membership Status
Last seen: Oct 9, 2015 - 6:54 PM
Registration Date: Sep 20, 2008
Topics Submitted: 101 topics
Total Posts: 6357 (2 per day)
Replies Received: 940
Total Time Online: 55 days, 6 hours and 35 minutes
Most recent topics:
- More from the Annals of Discrimination and Philosophy Professors
- Philosophy and Autarchy
- May One Belief in God Properly be Considered Preferable to Another?
- Advocatus Diaboli
- Yet Another Debate on God's Existence?
Most recent posts:
- It's certainly true that laws are violated, and so legal rights are violated. Nonetheless, the legal right exists, just as the law in general...
- How these threads "stemming from" other threads bewilder me! A function of growing old, I suppose; like wearing your trousers rolled if we'...
- According to H.L Mencken: "We are here and it is now. Further than that all human knowledge is moonshine."
- God's judgment would be of concern only to someone who believed in God as Judge and in religious law. The judgment of a secular court would b...
- What penalties do you envision for violation of religious law? Those to be meted out after death? Such penalties are, I think, quite different f...
Most recent shouts:
- ciceronianus [May 8, 2011 - 8:01 AM]: People make jokes about lawyers?
- ciceronianus [Feb 23, 2011 - 5:24 PM]: That's "Big John" Dewey, you mean. He's not as exclamatory and frenzied as N, I know, but for me that's in his favor. But he can be a tough read, sometimes.
- ciceronianus [Jan 28, 2011 - 5:32 PM]: See the exciting conclusion of The Mystery of the Shrinking Person.
- ciceronianus [Jan 28, 2011 - 12:14 PM]: The Mystery of the Shrinking Person continues to continue.
- ciceronianus [Jan 27, 2011 - 12:54 PM]: Don't miss the latest installment of The Mystery of the Shrinking Person!