Profile of ciceronianus
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (10)
Location: Cloud Cuckoo Land
Last Blog: "In Times of War, the Law is Silent"
Interests: Philosophy, law, fencing, chess, shooting clays
ciceronianus's Membership Status
Last seen: Nov 6, 2015 - 12:44 PM
Registration Date: Sep 20, 2008
Topics Submitted: 101 topics
Total Posts: 6384 (2 per day)
Replies Received: 940
Total Time Online: 55 days, 9 hours and 30 minutes
Most recent topics:
- More from the Annals of Discrimination and Philosophy Professors
- Philosophy and Autarchy
- May One Belief in God Properly be Considered Preferable to Another?
- Advocatus Diaboli
- Yet Another Debate on God's Existence?
Most recent posts:
- Your quote from Girard references euthanasia (twice). How does euthanasia relate to the 99.984% you claim he is speaking about? Does the 100,000 f...
- I'm with Seneca, and the Stoics generally, as to suicide. Life itself is not an absolute good; living well (in accordance with nature) is good. ...
- I was focusing on the statements made by Perry in the title to this thread and quoted in the OP, and sought to note that Christianity, as I unders...
- I think you refer to a Christianity which doesn't exist, and perhaps has never existed. Certainly not after Theodosius I, in any case. Institu...
Well, I tend to remember this sort of thing:
He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hate...
Most recent shouts:
- ciceronianus [May 8, 2011 - 8:01 AM]: People make jokes about lawyers?
- ciceronianus [Feb 23, 2011 - 5:24 PM]: That's "Big John" Dewey, you mean. He's not as exclamatory and frenzied as N, I know, but for me that's in his favor. But he can be a tough read, sometimes.
- ciceronianus [Jan 28, 2011 - 5:32 PM]: See the exciting conclusion of The Mystery of the Shrinking Person.
- ciceronianus [Jan 28, 2011 - 12:14 PM]: The Mystery of the Shrinking Person continues to continue.
- ciceronianus [Jan 27, 2011 - 12:54 PM]: Don't miss the latest installment of The Mystery of the Shrinking Person!