Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (8)
Birthdate: November 1, 1946 (67 years old)
Interests: People, music, movies, books, food, sex, the usual
Biography: Bear type older gay guy still interested in love, but maybe not so immediate as before. The fires of the heart cool as we head towards the October, November or December of our lives.
I am no longer working and I am much happier than I have been in years. I miss very little of the non-profit sector I labored in for 40 years, and I miss the few for-profit temp jobs I had not at all. Now I can be the highly influential, much-sought-after intellectual I always wanted to be -- provided I think of a highly influential much-sought-after idea. Ah well, one of the tasks of old age (which I am entering) is recognizing that some things one wanted are not going to happen and other things one didn't want are.
On many days I feel like a young man (other days, not so much) and on most days I prefer to think of myself as at least a fairly radical person.
BitterCrank's Membership Status
Registration Date: Mar 01, 2008
Topics Submitted: 182 topics
Total Posts: 7584 (3 per day)
Replies Received: 3099
Total Time Online: 84 days, 15 hours and 17 minutes
Most recent topics:
Find all topics submitted by BitterCrank
Most recent posts:
Find all posts posted by BitterCrank
- B, because A. However there lots of parts that I am not used to looking at, or never look at. I have never seen my guts, which are part of me, and I...
- Sad, happy... It's a VERY complicated question.
Depression, these days, generally means an imbalance in certain monoamine neurotransmitters in...
- Architecture can achieve art. Buyers expect their building to function properly, first and foremost. Lights work, roof doesn't leak, heating and...
- I think psychosis reveals that one has gone mad for the time being. The psychoses I have witnessed in others have been very harsh, very disruptive, v...
- Tiffany, dearest, are you referencing my Final Demise (the last exit at the last performance) or my countdown to cessation and desistence as the entit...
Most recent shouts:
[Aug 19, 2014 - 2:39 PM]: No judging -- no blue ribbons.
[Aug 17, 2014 - 4:46 PM]: Wosret, I mentioned mustard and you go on about hail. Why? What have you got against mustard?
[Aug 16, 2014 - 10:42 PM]: God intended mustard to be coarse-ground with a little horseradish.
[Aug 16, 2014 - 12:33 PM]: What I need to do is get busy. Chores await.
[Aug 15, 2014 - 8:52 PM]: Dawkins not only has an agenda, he has an ax which he likes to grind. So do I, of course. But other people's agendas and ax grinding tires one out. LET ME GRIND MY AX NOW!