Profile of BitterCrank
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (7)
Birthdate: November 1, 1946 (69 years old)
Interests: Music, movies, books, food, dogs, politics, people (they're kind of required for the rest of it).
Biography: Bear type old gay guy. The fires of the heart cool as we head towards the October, November or December of our lives.
I am no longer working and I am much happier than I have been in years. I miss very little of the non-profit sector I labored in for 40 years. Now I can be the highly influential, much-sought-after intellectual I always wanted to be -- provided I think of a highly influential much-sought-after idea. Ah well, one of the tasks of old age is recognizing that some things one wanted are not going to happen and other things one didn't want are.
On many days I feel like a young man (other days, not so much) and on most days I prefer to think of myself as at least a fairly radical person.
BitterCrank's Membership Status
Last seen: May 27, 2016 - 9:01 AM
Registration Date: Mar 01, 2008
Topics Submitted: 192 topics
Total Posts: 10338 (3 per day)
Replies Received: 2304
Total Time Online: 94 days, 17 hours and 9 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Blast Techno Optimism
- The Crimes of the British Empire: Ready to pay reparations?
- Nagasaki and Hiroshima
- Greek bankruptcy, deadbeat, bailout, grexit, etcetrix.
- Society does not exist. Neither do institutions.
Most recent posts:
- Well, psychosomatic illnesses are interesting, just like the benefits of placebos are interesting. Some people do get better when taking placebos, de...
- If one decided to start smoking when one was 15, smoked 30 cigarettes a day for 30 years, and drank a lot, there is a good chance that they will d...
- I have never liked this theory of paradoxical causation. Yes, it is probable that very closeted self-loathing sex-phobic homosexuals would projec...
- One of the elements that the OP, "Judge the follower, or judge the holy book?", leaves out is Holy Tradition. Tradition bridges the gap betwe...
- It isn't unethical, as far as I am concerned, to tell someone to stop doing something you think is unethical. That is somewhat different than...
Most recent shouts:
- BitterCrank [Apr 1, 2016 - 12:09 PM]: Burn some plastic in a dry forest. That'll surely piss off Smokey.
- BitterCrank [Apr 1, 2016 - 12:08 PM]: Maybe you shouldn't prevent forest fire. If there is rarely a forest fire, too much fuel builds up, then when it does burn, it burns too hot. (see Goldilocks -- too hot, too cold, just right)
- BitterCrank [Feb 19, 2016 - 10:56 PM]: Love love love Carmina Burana, but unfortunately I have listened to it tooooo many times.
- BitterCrank [Feb 19, 2016 - 10:55 PM]: Warm tapioca pudding.
- BitterCrank [Nov 2, 2015 - 12:22 AM]: thank you for your birthday well wishes. Happy birthday, Nagase!