Profile of BitterCrank
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (7)
Birthdate: November 1, 1946 (68 years old)
Interests: Music, movies, books, food, dogs, politics, people (they're kind of required for the rest of it).
Biography: Bear type old gay guy. The fires of the heart cool as we head towards the October, November or December of our lives.
I am no longer working and I am much happier than I have been in years. I miss very little of the non-profit sector I labored in for 40 years. Now I can be the highly influential, much-sought-after intellectual I always wanted to be -- provided I think of a highly influential much-sought-after idea. Ah well, one of the tasks of old age is recognizing that some things one wanted are not going to happen and other things one didn't want are.
On many days I feel like a young man (other days, not so much) and on most days I prefer to think of myself as at least a fairly radical person.
BitterCrank's Membership Status
Last seen: Aug 30, 2015 - 6:10 PM
Registration Date: Mar 01, 2008
Topics Submitted: 190 topics
Total Posts: 10132 (4 per day)
Replies Received: 2207
Total Time Online: 93 days, 3 hours and 39 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Nagasaki and Hiroshima
- Greek bankruptcy, deadbeat, bailout, grexit, etcetrix.
- Society does not exist. Neither do institutions.
- Rachel Dolezal: Black or Daft?
- Were First Amendment Rights Violated at Oklahoma University?
Most recent posts:
- Newborns are primed by biology (brain structure) to learn language, and numerous other things. When they are able to think about what they have l...
- Interesting song. I'm not quite sure what "a value designation" is, but if society (interrelated individuals) didn't exist, we ...
- PS: the amounts spent on international development by all donor countries does not add up to vast amounts of money. The USA is one of the most nigga...
- Programs like this have two thrusts: One thrust is to reduce the death of children. That's accomplished by vaccination and providing the mea...
- Suicide if one of the 'fundamental existential questions'. Of course it should be discussed, as long as it is kept general and fairly abstrac...
Most recent shouts:
- BitterCrank [Aug 27, 2015 - 11:13 AM]: Cavacava--I really liked the check cashing store for children at Banksy's Dismal Land. Inspired.
- BitterCrank [Aug 18, 2015 - 8:56 PM]: Robert, dear, are you using an Automatic Internet Post Generating Device (AIPGD)? You might want to get a hardware/software upgrade; new CPU, System BS 8.7.39
- BitterCrank [Aug 17, 2015 - 12:18 PM]: BBC reports that it was very bad.
- BitterCrank [Aug 14, 2015 - 10:55 PM]: Harmonic Convergence: In the Guardian yesterday a story about a woman who liked Proust. ""It's not Remembrance Of Things Past. The right translations is "In Search of Lost Time." a picky commenter said." I was also reading a space opera by John Scalzi.
- BitterCrank [Aug 14, 2015 - 10:48 PM]: Scalzi's book contained the same exchange about Proust -- "It's not Remembrance Of Things Past. The right translations is "In Search of Lost Time." she said. The same reference to Proust in 2 unrelated places in one day. I am totally verklempt.