Profile of AnObserver
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Location: United States - Midwest
Occupation: MLS (ASCP)
Interests: Interests are my interest
AnObserver's Membership Status
Last seen: May 11, 2014 - 9:34 PM
Registration Date: Jun 25, 2012
Topics Submitted: 11 topics
Total Posts: 48 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 5
Total Time Online: 1 day, 9 hours and 38 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Existentialism and Meaning/Purpose
- is thought heirarchical?
- The Ethics of Thought ????
- cognitive development - identical twins - closed systems
- philosophical discourse
Most recent posts:
- May or may not what? Find some meaning to? :) Oh, JC. How many determinisms are there? Apparently there are quite a few varieties but they all...
- It's talk like this that's gonna make it hard for me start up a dictatorship in which my philosophy reigns supreme. I really have no ar...
- My understanding is that the major theme of existentialism is "meaning" and how only the individual can give itself meaning/purpose. And then ...
- Oh man, this reminds me of a discussion I had with a Japanese SDF guy. I think Japan mirrors the U.S. but it has and had it's culture befor...
- That's a good question. I find that a lot of alcohol and pot seems to do the trick. :p
Most recent shouts:
- AnObserver [Mar 6, 2013 - 6:12 PM]: LMAO at this ---> http://www.thevoid.com/theVoid.com/Welcome.html
- AnObserver [Mar 5, 2013 - 1:47 AM]: Thanks for not banning me by the way I was considering the "Peanut Project" when I first got here, but not so much anymore. That either requires immense faith or an absolute commitment. I think I'm short of both.
- AnObserver [Mar 5, 2013 - 1:25 AM]: Immense sorrow. I resigned from a hospital today. I didn't realize how much some of my coworkers really cared for me. Something I took for granted. Seems like I should be happy right now but... this too will fade. Another chapter closed. Time to see how the rest of the story goes.
- AnObserver [Mar 4, 2013 - 3:02 PM]: What was/is my philosophy (ism)? I didn't believe in altruism and I found everything to be meaningless/pointless. Sounds like nihilism to me? So where do I go from here? Follow the works of those who have cast this dead philosophy aside?
- AnObserver [Mar 1, 2013 - 4:09 PM]: "Shout, shout, let it all out. These are the things I can do [with or] without?" Shout / Tears for Fears