Profile of aletheist
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (0)
Location: Olathe, KS
Occupation: Structural Engineer
Interests: Christian classical theism, hylemorphic substance dualism, agent-causal libertarianism, philosophy of engineering, Charles Sanders Peirce
aletheist's Membership Status
Last seen: Feb 21, 2017 - 2:15 PM
Registration Date: Feb 06, 2009
Topics Submitted: 15 topics
Total Posts: 1127 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 0
Total Time Online: 22 days, 10 hours and 38 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Against Compatibilism
- Immaterial Aspects of Thought
- Reason's Prerequisites
- The Non-Rationality of Human Behavior
- Engineering as Willing
Most recent posts:
- This brings to mind a Peirce quote. "A sign (under which designation I place every kind of thought, and not alone external signs), that is in a...
- I guess this boils down to how we define each term here, but it seems odd to me to suggest that experience entails understanding. On the contrary, Be...
- In other (more memorable) words--"All models are wrong, but some are useful."
- Box's whole point is that people commonly lose sight of this obvious truth and need to be reminded of it, even though it should go without saying....
- Only by your particular definition of "wrong." Box evidently believed that a model can be both wrong (in some other sense) and useful.
Most recent shouts:
- aletheist [Jan 24, 2010 - 3:25 PM]: And 42 is the correct answer--in base 13!