Profile of 180 Proof
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (33)
Location: [virgo supercluster [local group [milky way [sol III [northern hemisphere [-7/8hrs gmt]]]]]]
Biography: ... i'm a freethinker (rejecting faith-based beliefs (i.e. appeals to authority), fact-free practices & magical thinking), a left libertarian (re: political demarchy + economic democracy + time-credit mutualism) & an entropist -- my own coinage referring to the fact that global disorder always increases & local order increases global disorder, which entails that the living are always already dead just as existence is always already extinction (i.e. "anterior posteriority") -- reflecting on ways in which agency can benefit -- flourish -- from disorder (uncertainty (re: meta-cognition), contingency (re: meta-physics) & conflict (re: meta-ethics)). my problematics: agonist ethics (via fidelity-agency) + fallibilist epistemology (via reflexivity/complexity-blind normativity) + materialist ontology (via contingency-extinction) ...
> (some) mis/readings …
>> books i'll never finish writing:
Critique of Pure Stupidity
Prolegomena to Any Future Stupidity
Summa Atheologica ("theism is false")
No Gods, No Slaves (the ultimate free-rider problem & how it cognitively persists)
Cannibal Faith (how theodicy produces dystopia (or 'how empires eat their young!'))
Intelligence: Designed (ecological problem-solving --> aptitude for denying reality)
All That Is Excellent (non-euclidean spinozism)
Ontological Blues & Musical Jubilation
No Slaves, No Souls (posthuman plasticity)
The Birth of Music Out of the Spirit of Tragedy (spirituals, blues & jazz as "philosophical investigations")
Ecstasies & Extinctions (subjects w/o subjectivity, objectivity w/o objects)
Questions Problems Conflicts (anti-methods)
Time Money God (levels of systemic control / othering)
Sublime Absurd Irreal (how order fractalizes - generates - disorder)
Meta Meta (-physics & -cognition)
Shit Happens (defining "matter")
Why I Am Not A Believer (degrees of disbelief, negative bayesianism)
Right to My Life (con - execution murder & suicide; pro - abortion self-defense & euthanasia)
Failure (an intellectual memoir)
Have Intellect, Will Travel (how tool-makers are made eusocial by tool-making)
Mere Stupidity (how false hopes scapegoat false fears via magical thinking, wishful thinking & groupthink)
Why I Am So Decadent (Nietzsche's anti-nietzscheanism)
The World As It Found Me (now that i've thrown away Wittgenstein's Ladder ...)
Imago Hominis (AI & other primate gods)
Ends (the end of thought, the end of nature & ends-in-themselves as foils to human stupidity aka "entropism")
You Are Not A You
Why "God Did (or Said) It" Isn't Even Wrong
Moron in the Mirror (failure of meta-cognitivity, or that the human brain fools itself to such an extent it 'believes' (1) that the brain doesn't cause 'believing' and (2) that the brain doesn't fool itself (e.g. self-continuity, ego-identity ... & other noocentric illusions))
>>> you're probably a sucker if you
- seek / fixate on answers to the wrong questions (or solutions to the wrong problems)
- console (false) fears with (false) hopes
- strive to keep that which is easy to lose
- commit to that which can't be controlled (or you can't control)
- trap yourself in routines (means-to-ends) at the expense, or to the exclusion, of play (ends-in-themselves)
- trust agents who lack 'skin-in-the-game' (i.e. who pay no price for being wrong / deceitful)
- trust suckers ...
"non-sucker's Rule of 2" --
1. avoid co-dependency (e.g. monogamy, religion, etc); friendship & civics suffice …
NB: i understand 'the highest form of love' to be friendship (convergence of mutual interests, mutual enjoyment and/or mutual well-being) and 'the highest form of friendship' to be solidarity (collaborative resistance to normative -- state, corporate, clerical, communal, familial -- injustices) because, needing everything from ecology-community in order to flourish, we owe more than we can ever repay in order to sustain ecology-community (re: fidelity).
2. avoid dependency on whatever can be (easily) taken away from you or that which you can't (fully) control (e.g. fame, wealth, power, promises, forecasts, etc); erudition & integrity suffice …
180 Proof's Membership Status
Last seen: Sep 2, 2015 - 2:56 PM
Registration Date: Apr 27, 2003
Topics Submitted: 156 topics
Total Posts: 2792 (1 per day)
Replies Received: 965
Total Time Online: 235 days, 23 hours and 52 minutes
Most recent topics:
- Morally Reprehensible Films
- a quick survey ...
- The Moral Landscape Challenge
- Eudaimonia is a warm gun?!
- Mind-dependent or Reality-dependent?
Most recent posts:
- In case you've forgotten ... forums.philosophyforums.com...ndpost=1253776#post1253776 :cool:
- 1) All explanations are immanent to that which is explained; natura naturata is explained by nothing but [intrinsic] natura naturans. 2) S says god OR...
- forums.philosophyforums.com...ndpost=1325113#post1325113 :cool:
- 'The Life Journey': from darkness through lightning-strobed shadows (pace Plato) back to darkness; not a circle (pace Nietzsche) but a spiral ...