Profile of rigelrover
Guestbook: View or sign guestbook (5)
I am more interested in questions than answers; dialog than dictation.
If we can reasonably believe that there is not just a breach, but a fundamentally unclosable gap
between the individual mind and the ultimate nature of the reality; the primordial thing in itself,
then true mystery does exist.
"You have been our dwelling place
throughout all generations.
Before the mountains were born
or you brought forth the earth and the world,
from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
You turn men back to dust,
saying, "Return to dust sons of men."
For a thousand years in your sight
are like a day that has just gone by,
or like a watch in the night.
You sweep men away in the sleep of death;
they are like the new grass of the morning-
though in the morning it springs up new,
by evening it is dry and withered."
- Psalm 90: 1-6
rigelrover's Membership Status
Last seen: Feb 22, 2016 - 3:48 PM
Registration Date: Aug 05, 2009
Topics Submitted: 24 topics
Total Posts: 841 (0 per day)
Replies Received: 0
Total Time Online: 27 days, 4 hours and 34 minutes
Most recent topics:
- An Idea _______ Reality.
- The Mystical and the Meaningful
- Realism vs Idealism: A False Choice
- The Inevitable Question of 'God'
Most recent posts:
- For those of you who haven't had any real dirty bassoon in a while. The Flecktones are great! I count six musical prodigies in this bit (and...
- This is my kind of stuff. Three musical geniuses in the same room at the same time. Kind if like row, row, row your boat on down through the pacif...
- Is it wise to assume there is wisdom in ones own words?
- Some of the wise words of Banno (his very first post, in fact); setting the scene for many posts to come:
- Maybe I'm enjoying this game too much, but here is another good one:
Most recent shouts:
- rigelrover [Jan 19, 2012 - 8:15 PM]: Banno, can you tell me the sum of 2 and 2?
- rigelrover [Jan 19, 2012 - 8:11 PM]: Let's mark the time, temperature, and humidity in case future scientists have reason to use this datum of experience in patterning that of the general population.
- rigelrover [Jan 19, 2012 - 8:09 PM]: No doubt an occasion for humble thanksgiving...
- rigelrover [Jan 19, 2012 - 8:07 PM]: nihilum, nah sententia praeteritus nihilus
- rigelrover [Jan 19, 2012 - 8:03 PM]: I'm listening, Banno. My impact will have been making a retired elderly scholar sleep better at night for the knowledge that his shouts in the darkness were received.