Marxist-Kwalishkidist

Usergroup: Members

Total Topics: 104
Total Posts: 4329
#21 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 5:47 AM:

fullcat wrote:
Then I am eerie as accused.

I wonder if you find contraception and abortion to be objectionable, for example?

fullcat wrote:
There are alot of studies (I know I hate it when someone opens a sentence with those words too) that show that hip to waist ratio is a stable indicator of female attractiveness across the world. Attractive reubens had hip to waist ratios that were 8-12 inches, they just had alot of body fat too. Western South African men are attracted to overweight women for their status/wealth, but not for their sexual attractiveness. If we put people in extreme survival circumstances I'm sure we can find exceptions to rules, however, we are talking generalities here and even though beauty is in the eye of the beholder, there are still some typical beauty markers we can discuss.

I don't think a sexual component of attraction can be separated from attraction in general, as you seem to imply. Indicators of social status do play a part in western Africa (as they played in the case of Reubens), but from everything I know the attractiveness in question has a sexual component. Besides, how do you make sense of the entire supermodel chic?
180 Proof
entropist

Usergroup: Sponsors
Location: [virgo supercluster [local group [milky way [sol III [northern hemisphere [-7/8hrs gmt]]]]]]

Total Topics: 151
Total Posts: 2387
#22 - Quote - Permalink
1 of 1 people found this post helpful
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 6:10 AM:

fullcat wrote:
Do you really have no idea what women find attractive in a man?

Yes.

Have you never talked to or listened to women say what they like?

Yeah, but different women like different things about men. Or so it seems to me. There's also the divergence between what women say they find attractive in men and the men with which they get involved. Typical human inconsistency.

Has a woman ever told you what she likes about you?

Sure, but I don't generalize from that, especially since each woman I've been with seems to like something different about me.

What sort of posture, gait, voice and gaze are attractive in a man?

Martial, athletic, bass-baritone & steady eye-contact.

Do you notice these things in a woman or are there different things that are attractive about women?

No. Of course.

I know skinny is chic, but how attractive is it sexually? it's difficult for me to believe that most women really get aroused by a skinny man.

Ask twentysomething (or younger) females.

(I prefer petite bootylicious brunettes myself. grin
mayor of simpleton
Masters and Servant

Total Topics: 105
Total Posts: 4154
#23 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 6:22 AM:

fullcat wrote:

My husband loves my shoulders for some strange reason. Isn't that odd for a man to notice on a woman? And he makes fun of my voice by mimicing me in a deep male voice. My voice isn't that deep...really.

I like fitness too, but your examples are a little too, shall we say, unreal for me. I have an aversion to too much fat just as I have an aversion to too skinny, but given the choice I'd take a little extra poundage on a man over too skinny any day. I like to be able to feel the person I'm with. I think I just like 'healthy', which makes sense evolutionarily speaking.

Why the shoulder pads in the 80's?

Simple... the wider the shoulders appear to be, the less one notices wide hips. In addition to this, a better shoulder structure will help support the breast and create a much more attractive line from the neck to the lower back, as well as create a better image of a flatter stomach.

Why did the shoulder pads disappear at the end of the 80's?

Results of fitness training. The results is that women had developed better should structure; thus the shoulder pads were redundant.

By the way... collars of shirts for men, dress shirts and polo shirts, are there to create the illusion that the shoulders are boarder than they are. If someone has real broad shoulders they look rather silly and even fat in dress shirts and especially polo shirts. I do not own a single shirt with a collar.  Not even a jacket with a lapel. For those who know about men's suits... I have a 13 inch drop and I'm only 5'9"... impossible for even the best Tailor to work with.

In addition to all of this silliness,  I can say that I have never dated a woman who could not do at least 10 push-ups.

My personal views on fitness are tainted by the fact that I have more or less be surrounded by professional athletes and dancers all of my life. Standards are often the result of environment.

Broad and stabile shoulders are simply sexy on any figure... male or female.

Meow!

GREG
Reformed Nihilist
Oblong

Usergroup: Administrators

Total Topics: 73
Total Posts: 665
#24 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 7:55 AM:

fullcat wrote:
You sound quite generous with your praise for your friend and both honest and modest too. That's much more attractive than smart, compassionate, and thoughtful.

Well, thanks for that.

Would "a sense of humour, optimism, intelligence, creativity, acumen and compassion" be attractive traits in women as well?

Absolutely. I would just add physical traits (the normal stuff: boobs, butt, eyes, hair, general facial symmetry) to what I find attractive in women.

What are the differences between what you find attractive in women and what women find attractive in women?

I'm not 100% sure. I seem to value physical fitness more highly than women do. Women seem to be more attracted to round lines (round eyes and faces, large breasts, round buttocks) where I tend to prefer angles (oval eyes, lean bodies). Women also seem to be attracted to women with a more nurturing public image, while I am attracted to a more individualistic public image (earth mother vs. puck rocker). I'm just spit-balling, as I haven't given it much thought (which surprises me).
ciceronianus
An Other Mind

Total Topics: 87
Total Posts: 5026

Last Blog: The Ceremony of Innocence

#25 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 8:01 AM:

fullcat wrote:

So Michelangelo's David does nothing for you? You actually find men repulsive and distorted? Do you think you look grotesque? If so, how can you feel desired by or desirable to women?

Michelangelo's male nudes are generally muscle-bound to the point of being freakish.  The David is not that bad, but no it doesn't do anything for me.  I don't mean to say repulsive, just funny-looking, absurd.  I think I look that way, yes.  I feel desired or desirable by a woman when she desires me.
Reformed Nihilist
Oblong

Usergroup: Administrators

Total Topics: 73
Total Posts: 665
#26 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 8:03 AM:

To Mega Therion wrote:
Besides, how do you make sense of the entire supermodel chic?

FYI, Marilyn Monroe and Kate Moss have (had) approximately the same waist/hip ratio (as have most nude paintings, regardless of era). The evidence for waist/hip ratio being a relatively universal and relatively important factor in female attractiveness is actually pretty compelling, despite how counter intuitive it might seem.
Hanover
Numbers 31:18

Total Topics: 31
Total Posts: 4739
#27 - Quote - Permalink
2 of 2 people found this post helpful
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 9:23 AM:

I ask my wife if a guy is attractive.  Sometimes I'm surprised by the results.  So, I can't say I've totally deciphered what it is for a guy to be attractive.  On the other hand, I have absolutely nailed what it means for a woman to be attractive and consider myself an expert in the field.  I will also say that my wife has no problem knowing which women are attractive, which I believe is an evolutionary trait that enables her to immediately spot potential predators. 

One thing I will say is that there is nothing more unattractive than a guy who thinks emulating female sexuality makes him attractive.   Such things like Speedo swimsuits, photos of one's crotch, or lying on a bed in a seductive pose are ridiculous if a guy is the subject.  I would think such things like swinging a sledge hammer and the like would look more manly.  My wife gets all hot and bothered when I take out the garbage for instance, and for that reason I save that magic for only  special occasions. 
sheps
PF Addict

Total Topics: 106
Total Posts: 7299
#28 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 9:40 AM:

180 Proof wrote:
(I prefer petite bootylicious brunettes myself. grin

nod

I'm so glad we've got beyond the '90s, and the era of six foot tall blondes. For a woman to be "the thinking man's crumpet", she's really got to be petite, well rounded and dark-haired. Rachel Weisz, for instance - or Halle Berry, in Die Another Day.

Anyway, off-topic. On the other hand, who cares?
mayor of simpleton
Masters and Servant

Total Topics: 105
Total Posts: 4154
#29 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 10:41 AM:

sheps wrote:

I'm so glad we've got beyond the '90s, and the era of six foot tall blondes. 

Did you live in the 90's sheps? raised eyebrow

Meow!

GREG
sheps
PF Addict

Total Topics: 106
Total Posts: 7299
#30 - Quote - Permalink
Posted Sep 1, 2011 - 10:49 AM:

mayor of simpleton wrote:
Did you live in the 90's sheps? raised eyebrow

I did, but they ended when I was ten. I was thinking of the Patrick Bateman nineties, when women were deemed to be "hardbodies" (and, in Bateman's eyes, elligible for a good disembowelling) if they wore high heels, short dresses, and were tall and blond.

And hippety-hop has been flying the flag for sanity as regards women (well, about 5% of the time sticking out tongue ) for years.

This is the nineties I mean:

wink

Anyone find him attractive, to return to the substance of the OP?

This thread is closed, so you cannot post a reply.